Followers

Tuesday 7 April 2020

Easter crafting!

The last two days (or part thereof at least) I've spent crafting for Easter, seeing that it's that time of year. I don't have a great deal of Easter/Spring stuff, so this is a great opportunity to add a bit more.

So first of all, I grabbed some of my card making supplies and my 'Gemini' die-cutting machine and using some stencils, distress inks, black liner pen, glitter glue and a lovely antique gold gilding wax, created this Easter/Spring banner, and which is now decorating my old Singer sewing machine







And then yesterday, I finished off an Easter banner. 
I've used the free-motion applique method, which I love, but rarely get the chance to have a go at. So, if you're scrutinising those photos :0) please forgive some of the imperfections!


Just look at those cute little bunnies - aren't they sweet?


Have a nice day everyone! 

5 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Two great projects for Easter. My Nan had a Singer Sewing machine just like yours. Stay safe . Hugs Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

Forgot to say have just ordered some of the brushed mohair from Little
Oke. Hugs Mrs A.

Simone said...

I love your spring banner Julia. They would make great cards individually too! Happy Easter! x

Julia said...

Thanks Valery, I love my antique Singer. I've never attempted to use it, but I think it would hand crank if I wanted to. I just love to look at it!
If you need any help finding a tutorial for the crocheted cap when you have a go, let me know.
Happy Easter
Julia xxx

Julia said...

Thanks Simone,

I thought the same actually. I think this year's Easter cards will have to be electronic only. I don't plan on going to a post office just to buy stamps ……. not essential shopping!!

Happy Easter
Julia xxx