Followers

Friday 26 June 2020

Finished beanie

Well, my fair isle challenge was a success! This lovely retirement + lockdown thingy means I have finished my beanie hat already …… bring on the winter so that I can try it out!! only kidding 😁although I have been absolutely melting in this heat.🌞 I am NOT a sun worshipper! I’m fair skinned, so burn easily. Still, at least I don’t need to go out in it (i.e. go to work), so I have mostly stayed indoors or just sat in the shade in the garden. Indoors is definitely cooler than outdoors! I’m rather proud of how neat the inside is – that's the ‘wraps’ as they call them in fair isle as you bring the different colour yarns across each time you change colour.


And one of it on my head!!

As well as knitting, I’ve also been trying out a bit of hand embroidery – haven’t done any in a while – this is just a little fun piece using a wooden cute cow button and embroidered roses and leaves.

Talking about outdoors, I need to replace my garden fence panels, but do you think I can find anywhere that has what I need in stock? - I’ve spent ages looking! I’ve been told to try again next month. It’s not a surprise really with lockdown and the very hot weather ……….. clearly everyone’s been putting in new fence posts.

Do you know the thing I really, really miss because of lockdown? Theatre! I sooooo miss a trip to a musical or a play ….. but as it must be for now!

1 comment:

Mrs A. said...

I am not a sun worshipper either and spend the day following the shade around the garden. Your hat looks lovely. Glad to hear that you are enjoying your retirement. Hugs Mrs A.