Followers

Tuesday 17 November 2020

William Morris curtains, plus this, that and the other!

 You know how it is; you’re in the middle of one craft project and you get distracted with another!! The distraction being two Christmas stockings (dogs in Christmas hats) and a small Christmas sack. And then I came across a ‘Tilda’ Cow free pattern – never seen the Tilda cow before! So, of course I had to make one – only a peak at that though, as it’s not quite finished.






My lounge renovations are nearly finished – I’m just waiting for my new sofas to arrive – can’t wait, as I’m currently sitting on a loaned chair from my sister-in-law. A week ago, I finished making and hung my ‘William Morris’ curtains – the fabric is a red version of the ‘Willow Bough’ pattern. I have always wanted some William Morris in my home, so at the grand age of 60, I have achieved that dream. The fabric was very expensive, so I can’t tell you how terrified I was to make the first cut into the fabric. I’m pleased with the result though.

Unfortunately, a dismal day means the light isn’t very good for the colour.

In the last few weeks, I’ve also altered a pair of curtains for my nephew and made some pelmets for my kitchen.

How happy I am to get back to crafty sewing. I’m still in the middle of my Blackbird Design cross-stitch and the cardigan I’m knitting for myself. And I’ve also been in the middle of another Waldorf doll for about 2 months (no photo)!

That must make at least 6 different projects on the go!!

No comments: