Followers

Monday 16 March 2015

Mischief Me!!

The only trouble with having extended periods at home (as I did recently) is there’s more time to get up to mischief ……… otherwise known as ‘Retail Therapy’ !!! There I was ‘innocently’ watching ‘Create and Craft’ on TV when I found my fingers walking across this here keyboard and clicking the ‘Buy Me NOW!!!’ button – oh ‘eck, what have I bought now!! No, not fabric (this time), but definitely for my sewing room ………… this lovely ‘Forever Moments by Tonic’ handy unit. 
(colour's a bit bright - sorry about that!)

It comes flat-packed for you to assemble; the MDF is all cut out, glue provided as well as scrapbooking papers and rub-on transfers to decorate. It even comes with the Dies to die-cut the lovely drawer fronts. I only had to buy the antique brass handles as extras.

I’ve tried to give it an old, worn ‘Shabby Chic’ kind of look. 


I glued on some paper flowers and metal corner decorations, then added a bit of mica powder to the flowers. I lined the drawers and added transfers to the sides, back & top. 



And here's my favourite little corner – the mini cotton reels and scissors (a brass charm). 

I painted and varnished it and finished it off with a bit of antique gold gilt wax on the edges.



Mischievous eh, but fun to make and decorate! And now filled with bobbins, needles and all things nice!!

1 comment:

Simone said...

That's really lovely Julia. You have done a great job. I love it! x