Followers

Sunday 4 September 2011

Angel Doll

Having been out of action the last few weeks following admission into hospital for some BIG surgery, which leaves me feeling incredibly tender right now, I have little sewing to show, so (and as I’m not sleeping terribly well because of the surgery), I thought I could show you what I sent to Deb in New Zealand recently for her birthday ...... albeit a very belated birthday pressie (Deb’s birthday was in July!!!).

Anyway, Deb had sent me one of those lovely Tone Finnangar ‘Tilda’ books for my birthday in May and I got the impression (hope I was right!), that Deb rather liked the angel dolls in the book, so being unable to think of anything else to make for her, I set about making this little lady



I love the way you make the flip flop sandals – so easy and yet so effective.


The thing that really surprised me however, was how big the doll came out. Whenever I’ve looked at these dolls, I had assumed they were about the size of a ‘Barbie’ doll, but, No, they’re quite a bit bigger that that!!

Anyway, I’d better not sit at this compute for too long in case I seize up!!

Take care all




14 comments:

Rachel said...

Another beautiful doll, you are very talented. I hope you are recovering well x

Angie Burrett said...

Gorgeous doll Julia, lucky Deb in NZ! Do hope you begin to feel stronger and better soon. Take care x

Simone said...

I am sorry to hear that you have had surgery Julia and hope that you are on the mend. Your friend is very lucky ro recive such a beautiful doll from you. I bet she will treasure it forever. x

Diane H said...

Get well soon, dear Julia! Your angel is a treasure.

Wendy said...

Hi Julia,
I don't know how I missed this post! ;)
Anothr beautiful doll to drool over ... you are sooo clever, I particularly like her flip-flops :)
I'm sure Deb will love her to bits.
Hope you're continuing to take it easy and rest lots ... do some internet 'browsing' but don't look at PG !!! Some seriously bad temptation going on there,
I'm trying to be strong but struggling...hahaha
Take care my lovely friend
Hugs Wendy x

Mrs A. said...

Love your doll. I have looked at this book many a time and wondered whether to make a doll but decided they would be rather large to keep for myself.

belen said...

Oh, it is so lovely, Julia. Those legs and shoes!!! no comment!!!! love it
Belen

kathryn_shhh said...

So beautiful! Philip told me you'd been ill to so I've sent him something to help you get better...it would have been baked if I'd of thought he would get it there in one piece! I'm taking orders for my next visit though! xx

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh very lovely !!!!!

bisous xxx

Anonymous said...

what a great doll,well done

Katarina said...

What a fab doll Julia. Love the fabrics you chose. It's such a great style - love how you made it yours. I've been working on my doll for years, lol. Not my thing I guess.

Solstitches said...

She is gorgeous Julia. I love her outfit and her shoes.
Margaret x

philip roberts said...

I haven't seen these before, they're brill!

philip roberts said...

I haven't seen these before, they're brill!