Followers

Sunday 8 April 2018

And then there were four!!

So, it’s been almost exactly two months since my last blog post ….. hmmm!!

Generally, it takes me around three to four weeks to make a bear, so I decided I would go into a bit of mass production and make four all at the same time. It’s taken me two months, so I think I’ve achieved my object, although it’s felt like an absolute age since I ‘show cased’ anything!!

Anyway, here are my four new fluffy friends – three teddy bears and one hefalump!

Group photos first please! Meet Amelia, Oliver, Dolly and Mackenzie









They’re all made from one of my favourite teddy bear fabrics - Steiff Schulte 6mm viscose in a lovely range of muted colours. They have black glass eyes and are filled with the usual firm fibre fill and steel shot for weight. Then aged with oil pastels, with hand stitched noses and toesies! Plus faux mending stitches. They are all 5-way cotter jointed, with wobble-jointed necks. They each have a fabric ‘Handmade at Bilberry Lane’ label sewn into the back seam and my special ‘BL’ antique style metal pin.

OLIVER








AMELIA













DOLLY










MACKENZIE









I do hope you like my new creations! If you would like any further information, please email me at:-

bilberrylane@hotmail.co.uk 


2 comments:

Deb said...

As always Julia, your wee family is beautiful. Loving the Heffalump!! Wee Mackenzie is rocking that outfit, so trendy.

Simone said...

They are all lovely creations Julia. I think Dolly is my favourite as I like the little bit of shading around her nose! x