Followers

Monday 29 October 2018

Get the violins out please!!

So, in chronological order, the following photos show what I’ve been up to since the beginning of last weekend.



First, I finished off a set of underwear for my little Waldorf doll (now named Annie – thank you Vivi). This is part of the Facebook MAL I’m following with Astrid. And as it’s getting a bit chilly, I thought I’d better knit her a little bonnet too :0)





Then on Thursday, I went into hospital for my knee replacement surgery – see before and after photos. All sympathy very welcome as it’s still quite painful ……. Ouch! I was so brave ….. NOT!




(I've edited the last one a bit by the way, because I didn't think you'd want to see the bit of blood oozing through the plaster!)

As soon as I could show the Physiotherapists at the hospital that I could climb the stairs, I was discharged yesterday afternoon ….. they don’t waste any time I can tell you – plenty of other patients lined up for my bed.

The next image shows just some of the exercises I must endure at least a few times a day for the next 6 weeks or so – and I’d be a fool not to follow them. But I do HATE exercise!!



And so to reward myself for all that hard work, I have started my ‘Mr Frosty’ cross-stitch by Brenda Gervais. There’s not much to show I grant you. It didn’t help that I started with the Eggshell colour in a very dull electric light, but I’ve started it and will soon get on with it.


So, that's been my very exciting week!!

No comments: