Followers

Thursday 1 November 2018

Jolly Happy Soul - progress so far!

So here I am lying in my sickbed after my knee op …….. Well okay, I’m not in a sickbed! I am, in fact, becoming quite the master of these here crutches – getting around (so far) pretty well on them.



And while I’m fairly well being waited on hand, foot and finger by my lovely sister-in-law, Ruth, I’ve been keeping myself entertained with my Frosty cross-stitch – actually the pattern is called ‘Jolly Happy Soul’ and it’s by Brenda Gervais. Seeing that I have little else to do (apart that is from all the exercises I MUST do each day) I’ve gotten on quite well.



I’m leaving the trickier parts until last – that being those tiny little cardinal birds, which are stitched with one strand of floss over one thread – can you just about see them on the pattern? Don’t know how I shall mange those. I have considered popping them in the post to the lovely Wendy, who is so clever, she works on 40-count linen (mine is 28-count), but she must have 20/20 vision I’ve decided. Wendy would sort those cardinals in no time! Don’t worry Wendy, I wouldn’t do that really, because then it wouldn’t be ‘all my own work’ ……….. such pride LOL    I shall have to make sure I do them in nice bright daylight and then I might stand a chance. I won’t worry about them though for a couple of days!



I do love the holly leaves; and when the red berries are added, it'll really 'pop'! Maybe I’ll have it done by the weekend!



No comments: