Followers

Friday 24 October 2008

Auntie Gwennie!


Just felt I had to do a quick post about my beautiful auntie who we buried today. At 67 she died way before her time. This photograph of her was taken when she was a young girl and I only saw it for the first time about a week ago, and although I always considered her an attractive woman, I never realised just how stunning she was. After my own mother died when I was 12 years old, my auntie Gwennie was there for me whenever I needed her and as I went through my teenage years, I could always turn to her for advice, which she gave with love and understanding. Today, her children gave wonderful and touching tributes to a terrific mother who gave herself completely to them and who they will miss very much. They were her world as they were growing up and they are all 3 a real credit to her.


LOVE YOU VERY MUCH AUNTIE GWENNIE XX

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Julia. Although her time has been cut short I am sure her memories will live on with you forever. Celebrate her life...you will always find happiness with that. Jo xoxo

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

My thoughts are with you Julia, at this sad time...and yes your Auntie Gwennie was stunning, and what lovely memories you have.

Simone said...

Such a beautiful photograph of your Auntie Gwennie. That was a lovely tribute you paid to her. x

Faith said...

The photo is stunning of your aunt im sure she will always be with you watching you quilt with the angels... her memories will live on, me Scratch and Alice are thinking of you

Katie said...

Look at your Auntie- she was a beauty! I'm sorry to hear she's gone.