Followers

Tuesday 4 November 2008

12 Days of Christmas

I've just finished my '12 Days of Christmas' wall hanging - doesn't look too bad does it?
Thank you to Kathleen in Canada, who was kind enough to send me the magazine containing the pattern in the first place; otherwise I couldn't have done it.

I don't know though why I'm always so naive about how long things take to do. I saw this as a nice easy 'weekend project' - WRONG!! 2 weekends is closer to the mark. Still, I think it's worth it now that's it finished. I bought the lovely wire hanger from the Malvern quilt festival that I went to last Friday - they do seem quite expensive when you consider they are just a bit of wire bent into pretty shapes, but I suppose the makers have a fairly captive market don't they - hey ho!!


5 comments:

Katie said...

Julia, you are quick! Your wallhanging turned out so well- I'm impressed :-)

Unknown said...

It looks great Julia. Love the colours too. well done! Jo xo

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Julia..just love the wall hanging...

Simone said...

Your wall hanging is put together beautifully Julia. It would take me two years to make never mind two weekends!

Deb said...

Julia,
The wall hanging has turned out fabulous. Well done you. I can't wait to do mine.
Thanks again
deb