Followers

Saturday 1 November 2008

Malvern Autumn Quilt Festival 2008

As I briefly mentioned yesterday, I went to a quilt festival – first one I’ve been to actually. It was at the Malvern Showground. The Malvern Hills has a long cultural heritage and is well-known for its dramatic hills and for its famous pure spring water. It is a very beautiful part of the country: really popular with walkers and ramblers. I went with my friend Pam and we both came away thoroughly exhausted after a great day viewing the wonderful quilts on show and touring all the stalls, deciding what to buy and trying to ignore what we couldn’t afford to buy! Having said that, I did return home with money still in my purse (pretty amazing I’d say)! We met some very nice ladies and had a lovely lunch into the bargain.

Here are some of the quilts that were on show:-












































..... and here is what I bought.





















the next one is a 'Nancy Halvorsen' Christmas panel



































the next photograph does not do this piece of trimming any justice - I have no idea where I shall use it yet, but I simply had to buy a piece (and only a small piece, as it was quite pricey!) - maybe to trim a bag??










.... it's only the fabric here that I bought yesterday. The pattern and jelly roll I already had, but when I do get around to starting this quilt, which I fell in love with as soon as I saw it, I want to increase its size by adding extra borders, and the red fabric matches some of the strips in the jelly roll.


















.... and lastly and sorry about the fuzzy photograph here, but this is Jackie who owns my favourite fabric shop, ‘White Cottage Country Crafts’. Even after looking at all the other stands at the show, I still ended up going back to theirs and spending the majority of my money there. It’s a lovely shop with friendly, welcoming staff and it’s in a very picturesque location - well worth a visit if you're ever in the area (and the lady at the front of the stall looking at fabric is my good friend Pam).










A good day all round I'd say!!





3 comments:

Simone said...

I do like the can-can quilt! I think you did really well not spending all the money in your purse! I am looking forward to seeing what you make with your purchases.

Faith said...

Did you see witchy woo? glad you had a good time I had a fabulous time there and will definetely go again next year including NEC

Mama Spark said...

Looks like you had fun. So did Faith. I wish I could have come and played with you guys.