Followers

Monday 24 November 2008

Just a quikkie!!

Having shown off my new curtains, Kathleen said that she would like to see a picture of my finished lounge, so here are a few piccies. I think it’s always difficult to take photographs of rooms and although my lounge is quite small, these photographs make it look even smaller. The size of it also makes lighting a real problem, but it gives an idea anyway. If you take a close look, you can see evidence on the foot stool that I had been doing a bit of hand stitching last night – honestly, it’s not just there for effect!!





And I took a picture of under the stairs (the stairs go off the lounge you see) where I keep my books (I love books and would probably have twice as many if I had more space)!! Also my antique ‘Singer’ is there which I just love to look at from time to time, although I can’t begin to imagine how long it would have taken to make my curtains on that!! And for those keep fit enthusiasts amongst you, you will see this is where I store my little exercise machine, which is as pristine as the day I bought it (do you get what I’m saying here)!!?? I walk past it each and every day and promise that I will ‘one day’, make use of it – my mistaken belief was that if it was left out handily on display, it would encourage me to use it every day – WRONG – I do occasionally go near it though to dust it!!! The photographs amongst the books are of my lovely older brother who graduated to become a maths teacher following a career change in his 30’s and of my eldest nephew who graduated this year in criminology – I’m such a proud auntie and love both of my nephews to bits. And then there’s a lovely old one of my mom and dad when they met in 1953 whilst doing holiday work. Anyway, this was only going to be a quickie post, so that’s the lot for now ..........

PS. Like the music??!!! It's taken me ages and ages to work out how to get it on here - but turn the volume down if you don't like it:0(


4 comments:

Katie said...

Your lounge looks fabulous! It's light and bright. I especially like the bookcases you've tucked under the stairs, you've got your own little library there!

Simone said...

I can just picture you of an evening doing your sewing, candles lit, newly made curtains drawn and a nice cuppa set down next to you! I like your book collection. I have piles of books all over the place as well as an overstocked book case. I know what you mean about the exercise machine. I have a rowing machine in the shed (under a pile somewhere) and an exercise bike that has probably clocked up half a mile!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Julia, it all looks so very cozy..love your old sewing machine

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I love your book area - we have tons of books too and always tend to get more even though I have to stack them in odd places to have room for them.
Karen USA
http://karensquilting.com/blog/