Followers

Monday 13 July 2009

Back to work!!

Back to work today for me :0(


Still; no work, no money for fabric, and we can't have that can we? After a whole week off work, I have very little sewing to show.What with days out with family and friends, catching up with those little jobs I've managed to put off, having family over for dinner ....... and so on, it was Sunday before I sat down at my beloved sewing machine! But, eager to catch up a bit, I produced two things. Firstly, I made this with a charm pack I bought a few weeks ago. Wasn't exactly sure what I was going to do with it at first, but then decided a mat for my sewing machine would be a good idea - save me scraping the machine across my lovely pine table!

The fabric is from Moda, called '9' by Sanae - I really love the muted tones.


Secondly, I made this little brown bag from various scraps I had. I wanted something less cumbersome than the bag I use most days, which is big enough to carry the proverbial kitchen sink and often feels as though I am carrying a kitchen sink in it!! I made it with a very long strap so that it can go across my body and thereby leave my hands free for all that rummaging I need to do when I'm in a fabric shop!! It's just big enough for a mobile, purse, car keys etc. Not bad really!



I can't decide now though what I'm going to do next. Will it be one of the two quilts I have the fabric for, or my next rag doll project, or the BOM that I'm behind with, or, or, or ..... I just don't know. Time will tell!!


Anyway, that's it for now - I'm falling asleep at the computer!!


Bye for now peeps!






1 comment:

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Hi Julia,

What's a BOM? I am intrigued! I wish I was a seamstress, I have great ideas and rubbish sewing ability!!!!!
Your lavender farm looks lovely too, I agree it is really reminiscent of France.
Hane a great week x