Followers

Wednesday 22 July 2009

Strawberry Bear!



When I was in one of my favourite fabric shops recently (one of a growing number!!), I noticed a really cute little teddy bear which had been made out of a small gingham check fabric - quite simple, but effective. So, duly inspired, I've been sourcing a pattern for a teddy and eventually found one in one of my books.





I've changed him a little bit by slightly exaggerating the size of the arms and legs................. and why the strawberry? Why not, I don't know, but it does look nice, and I always like my rag dolls to have something to hold ..... adds a little more interest! And if you had smellyvision, you would be able to catch the gorgeous whiff of cinnamon ... I've dabbed a few spots of cinnamon oil here and there on the fabric ...... mmmmmmmm, a lovely hint of country!! And the strawberries look good enough to eat too - the fabric ones as well as the real ones!



catch ya later!

8 comments:

Deb said...

Julia, he is so absolutely adorable.... if you find you get sick of him there is a home here in NZ which will have him. And the strawberry is cute and suits him immensley.

Solstitches said...

Ahhhh, he's s just so sweet and the strawberry is a lovely accent.
You've photographed him beautifully too.

Margaret

Simone said...

Strawberry bear is gorgeous! He even has a strawberry nose!

Janovi said...

Soooooo sweet!!! You make me want a strawberry bear too!!! LOL

Vivi Casale said...

Oh Julia, this Ted bear is so cute!!
and the strawberry looks so yumie!!
I can smell cinnamon from it here!! lol lol !
Hugs
Vivi

karenshopes said...

All bears need a strawberry didnt you know !
He's gorgeous well done.
Pop over and say hello.
Karen

Katarina said...

What a cutie. I love strawberries :)

Cami said...

Oh my word Julia, this strawberry teddy is so darn cute! Your passion for your dollmaking and quilting really shines through. I love that you made a strawberry for him! Everything is strawberries recently, even papers! Now I'm off to comment on your other projects! Hugs, Cami