Followers

Saturday 25 September 2010

(New) Bag Lady!!

OK, so there was something else I was working on while I was away from work recently, but I hadn’t finished it, and I didn’t know whether it would turn out as I wanted it to. Now I know this is going to sound very big-headed, BUT, I have to admit to being quite proud of my new bag. It’s actually a rucksack and is made from my favourite fabric of the moment – Blackbird Design’s ‘Harvest Home’. I plan to use it for work (so long as it’ll take the strain) instead of having to carry 2 or 3 bags, plus an umbrella when it’s wet!!! Mind you, I’ll probably end up knocking people flying with it knowing me every time I turn round!!!

Here’s the front with an appliquéd front flap




........... a little zip pocket under the flap .... and get this cute little zipper with the scissors charm. I only discovered it very recently (maybe I’m behind the times), but I just had to have one for my bag! It came from Belen of Simply Patchwork. If you want to look at them (there are a few other different charms), pick up the link from her name and from there, take the link to her store.



This is the side – there's a large deep pocket each side for carrying a book, umbrella etc.


The back!

And this is a view of an alternative way I can carry it instead of on my back, as I can take the strap from the back and attach it to the clips on the sides ....... had to stand on a chair in front of the bathroom mirror to take this one!!! which is why it’s a bit dark – so apologies for that. My neighbours would probably have thought I’d lost the plot (be careful of what you say now!!!!) if I’d popped round to ask if they would take a photo of me holding my new bag ...... they’d have likely patted me on my head and sent me on my way!!!!!


Anyway, I hope you agree that it has turned out well – there’s nothing like blowing your own trumpet is there?!!!

15 comments:

Country Prims said...

You are too right to be proud of your bag-it is perfectly AWESOME!!

Love all the detail, love the zip and your applique is beautiful:)
Amazing work again, Julia:))

Blessings, Shazy x

Deb said...

Good gosh girl, thaT bag is downright gorgeous. You have every right to be proud of it, you have made a beautiful job of it. Your work is always stunning.

agnes said...

Great! Wonderful work!

liebe Grüße
agnes

Solstitches said...

You have excelled yourself Julia!
Your bag is gorgeous and is sure to get many admiring glances.
I love the fabrics and the the lovely applique.
Beautiful work!

Hugs,
Margaret

QuiltSue said...

That is fantastic.

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

oh my god !!! your bag is very beautiful ! I like your blog
best regards

marylin france

Wendy said...

Blow your trumpet loud and proud...lol!!
Absolutely gorgeous bag Julia!!! You should be really, really pleased with yourself and you can bag-bump me in a crowd anytime...hahaha!
Love Wendy x

kim said...

What a fantastically, amazing, beautiful bag......forget about blowing your own trumpet and bring on a full orchestra.
florrie x

Simone said...

It is beautiful Julia. You must have the best back pack in town! I bet you will start getting orders for them!

belen said...

Julia, it's true! the bag is great, the applique on the front is cute and it seems quite difficult to make!!
Fantastic work!!
besos ( in Spanish: kisses)
Belen

Patricia Lessell said...

WOW that bag is amazing. You are not being big headed at all. LOVE IT!

Patti xx

FIONA said...

Love the bag Julia! And I have enjoyed reading your blog! Thanks for sharing! x

Katarina said...

Absolutley gorgeous. I really love it. So my coloursö. If you ever want to get rid of it ...:)

chrissy o said...

love your bag where was the pattern from as i would love one so handy when im going to hospital to keep all my bits in
hugs chrissy o xx

Laurence said...

Very beautiful bag !